1ST PART – EXCURSION
- In the morning, we will meet at Daniele’s hometown. We will have breakfast and then we will drive through several Etneo villages on the entire east side of the Volcano;
- As soon as we reach the small village of Fornazzo, one of the highest on the Etna, we will drive to an altitude of 1600 m. There is where we find the Grotta dei Ladroni, an ancient snowfield considered for many years a hiding place for brigands.
- After we visit it, Daniele will decide what kind of excursion will suit you mostly in terms of difficulty and from there we are going to get on the most volcanic landscapes: we will be visiting fractures, vents, craters, lava flows; we will hike under birches and beeches trees forest; we will discover flora, fauna and history of Etna and most importantly we will live an incredible experience.
2ND PART – LUNCH
- After the hike, we will take our time to have a relaxing lunch on a mountain shelter with typical food of the volcano in a unique scenario. All food preferences and any allergies or intollarences will be discussed with the guide before booking the tour.
3RD PART – ALCANTARA RIVER
- After the lunch, we will jump on the car to drive down towards the Alcantara valley;
- As soon as we leave Etna region, landscapes will change drastically as we face the Peloritani and Nebrodi mountains; geologically we already left the volcanic soil of the volcano but Etna is so big that once produced a lava flow that made it to the Alcantara valley;
- As we arrive in the Alcantara botanical and geological park, we will walk down and we will be walking through a lava canyon carved by water in over 9000 years;
- Temperature of the water will be around 8 °C and walking in that will give you a refreshing and chilling feeling. We will be surrounded by the famous columnar basalts, volcanic formations created by the long cooling down of the magma in contact with the water.
pp (minimum 2)
75 € pp (6-12 yo)
* In case of a different pick-up from the meeting point, the transport will be charged.
- Certified guide
- Liability insurance
- Trekking poles
- Helmets and lights
- Alcantara Park ticket
📍 Piazza Lavinaio, 95025 Aci Sant’Antonio (CT)
⮕ Distance Around 4.5 km
⧗ Duration 2 h
⭜ Difference in height 150m
↝ Difficulty E – easy
⮂ Type of itinerary Loop walk
WHAT TO BRING?
- Backpack (20 L)
- Comfy trousers
- Trekking shoes
- K-way or poncho
- Beach towel
- 1.5 L of water
- Sun cream
*The guide can decide anytime to exclude from the excursion anyone who is not properly equipped
- Individual (<65 yo)
- Families (>6 yo)
- Small group
➤If one of more of the partecipants suffer from any patologies, let the guide know in advance!!
➤In case of bad weather conditions, Etna eruptions or ash falling, the guide can decide anytime to change the agreed itinerary.
Trekking | Excursions | Experiences
National register code: SI582
📞 +39 3881146617
Copyright © 2021 Feeling Etna Trekking. All rights reserved.