- Departure at 8.45 am, followed by breakfast with some local products.
- The path, after a couple of kilometers, will take us to the exact point where the 1971 lava came out from.
- After a strenuous climb, characterized by the presence of forests of Birch Aetnensis and expanses of Saponaria and Astragalus, we will finally reach a ridge. This point overlooks the largest open-air geological museum in Europe: the Valle del Bove.
- The descent, along the same path, will take us to one of the most beautiful and famous lava caves of Etna formed 50 years ago.
- Finally, we will head towards the Grotta dei Ladroni, an ancient snowfield considered for many years a hiding place for brigands.
⮕ Distance 5 km
⧗ Duration 3h
⭜ Difference in height 300m
↝ Difficulty E – moderate
⮂ Type of itinerary Round-trip
- Individual (<65 yo)
- Families (>12 yo)
- Small groupes
- Certified guide
What to bring
- Backpack (20-30 L)
- Comfy trousers
- Trekking shoes
- K-way or poncho
- 2 L of water
- Sun cream
*The guide can decide anytime to exclude from the excursion anyone who is not properly equipped.
60 € pp (minimun 2)
50 € pp (12-18 yo)
In case of a pick-up different from the meeting point, the transport will be charged.
➤ If one of more of the partecipants suffer from any patologies, let the guide know in advance!!
➤ In case of bad weather conditions, Etna eruptions or ash falling, the guide can decide anytime to change the agreed itinerary.
📍 Piazza Lavinaio, 95025 Aci Sant’Antonio (CT)
Trekking | Excursions | Experiences
📞 +39 3881146617
Copyright © 2021 Feeling Etna Excursion. All rights reserved.