- In the morning, we will drive through several locations along the south-east flank of Mount Etna. First, we will head to the site where the 2018 Christmas earthquake only left devastation and rubble.
- Then, towards one of the most recent and biggest lava flows (1991-1993) where science, man and religion were on the same wavelenght.
- From here on, we will drive to an altitude of 1830m and park the car. We will walk for about 4Km (round trip) until we get to a point which overlooks thelargest volcanic depression of Europe, La Valle del Bove. Here sound is completely absent, and the quietness of nature reigns.
- After a short drive, we will visit the Silvestri craters and walk among small extinct lava cones, recent small lava flows and breath-taking views of the Ionian coast. Here, we will also take a break and there will be the possibility to try some local products, such as Etna’s liqueurs, Sicilian black bee honey and pistachio and almond treats.
pp (minimum 2)
35 € pp (6-12 yo)
* In case of a different pick-up from the meeting point, the transport will be charged.
- Certified guide
- Small food tasting
📍 Piazza Lavinaio, 95025 Aci Sant’Antonio (CT)
⮕ Distance 4.5 km
⧗ Duration 2 h
⭜ Difference in height 270m
↝ Difficulty E – easy
⮂ Type of itinerary Round-trip
WHAT TO BRING?
- Backpack (20 L)
- Comfy trousers
- Trekking shoes
- K-way or poncho
- 1.5 L of water
- Sun cream
*The guide can decide anytime to exclude from the excursion anyone who is not properly equipped
- Individual (<65 yo)
- Families (>6 yo)
- Small group
➤If one of more of the partecipants suffer from any patologies, let the guide know in advance!!
➤In case of bad weather conditions, Etna eruptions or ash falling, the guide can decide anytime to change the agreed itinerary.
Trekking | Excursions | Experiences
National register code: SI582
📞 +39 3881146617
Copyright © 2021 Feeling Etna Trekking. All rights reserved.