- First of all, we are going to visit the first part of the longest lava tube of the Etna;
- We will start our excursion on the edge of the upper Silvestri crater, to witness the sunset on the most remarkable spot to watch it;
- During the sunset, starting from the base of the crater, we will go down to the edge of a fomous pine tree forest.
- We will hike surrounded by ancient spattering cones and the gulf of Catania until we reach the panoramic edge that faces the Bove Valley, the biggest volcanic caldera of Europe;
- We are going to turn off the head torch and under the moonlight, we will hear the distructive silence of the living mountain into an unexpected location that gives goosebumps;
- Then, we are going to have a homemade dinner at 2000 m under the stars and the undisputed eye of the summit craters;
- We wiil then go back through the famous itinerary of “The back of the donkey” to reach our starting point after midnight.
pp (minimum 2)
* In case of a different pick-up from the meeting point, the transport will be charged.
- Certified guide
- Liability insurance
- Trekking poles
- Head torches
- Homemade dinner
📍Piazza Lavinaio, 95025 Aci Sant’Antonio (CT)
⮕ Distance 7 km
⧗ Duration 7 h
⭜ Difference in height 300 m
↝ Difficulty E – moderate
⮂ Type of itinerary Round-trip
WHAT TO BRING?
- Backpack (20 L)
- Long trousers
- High trekking shoes
- Cap and gloves
- 1.5 L of water
- K-way or poncho
*The equipment may be changing depending on the season and forecast. The guide will inform accordingly
*The guide can decide anytime to exclude from the excursion anyone who is not properly equipped
- Individual (<55 yo)
- Families (>12 yo)
- Small group
➤If one of more of the partecipants suffer from any patologies, let the guide know in advance!!
➤In case of bad weather conditions, Etna eruptions or ash falling, the guide can decide anytime to change the agreed itinerary.
Trekking | Excursions | Experiences
National register code: SI582
📞 +39 3881146617
Copyright © 2023 Feeling Etna Trekking. All rights reserved.