- We will hike on the district of Randazzo from the mountain shelter CAI Case Giusa through an itinerary surrounded by grassland and grazing cattle;
- Our first stop will be the Burrò Cave, a 240 m long lava tube. We will get inside and explore it for 60 m;
- Once we get out of it, we will hike between Mount Piluso and Mount Spagnolo, two ancient extinct craters;
- After a relaxing walk, we will reach the small isolated shelter of Monte Spagnolo;
- We are going to light the fireplace and a wild fire so we can start to cook authentic food and local products with trapper and bushcraft techniques. We can also pick edible mushrooms and cook them straight away in fall time;
- After the lunch, we will hike under the beech and pine forest on the “Altamontana itinerary”
- We will then hike down throughout a different itinerary that leads us to the meeting point.
pp (minimum 2)
* In case of a different pick-up from the meeting point, the transport will be charged.
- Certified guide
- Liability insurance
- Trekking poles
- Helmets and lights
- Outdoor lunch
📍 Villa dei Vespri siciliani, Via Roma, 214, 95015 Linguaglossa CT
⮕ Distance 9 km
⧗ Duration 8 h
⭜ Difference in height 350 m
↝ Difficulty E – moderate
⮂ Type of itinerary Loop walk
WHAT TO BRING?
- Backpack (30 L)
- Long trousers
- High trekking shoes
- K-way or poncho
- 2 L of water
- Sun cream
*The equipment may be changing depending on the season and forecast. The guide will inform accordingly
*The guide can decide anytime to exclude from the excursion anyone who is not properly equipped
- Individual (<65 yo)
- Families (>12 yo)
- Small group
➤If one of more of the partecipants suffer from any patologies, let the guide know in advance!!
➤In case of bad weather conditions, Etna eruptions or ash falling, the guide can decide anytime to change the agreed itinerary.
Trekking | Excursions | Experiences
National register code: SI582
📞 +39 3881146617
Copyright © 2023 Feeling Etna Trekking. All rights reserved.