- Departure is expected at 8:15 am;
- First, we will have breakfast with local products;
- After, we will head to the starting point of our excursion and we will walk through roads used by jeeps;
- 10 minutes in our journey, we will be crossing two sides of the very recent 2002 flow. This flow has strongly defined the landscape of this area;
- Right after that, we will have the opportunity to walk alongside small volcanic structures, which are named bottoniere, and various ancient lava flows;
- We’ll be wandering one of the most evocative and fairytale-like beech forests until we reach the huge raspberries cave;
- We will have the chance and privilege to walk on top of the longest ever documented eruption on Etna (10 years);
- At the end of our walk, we will be returning to the beech forest and we will reach a small mountain refuge nestled in the woods;
- On the way back, we will walk alongside an ancient lateral cone devoid of vegetation and we will have the opportunity to enjoy the ghostly landscape that the 2002 eruption gave us.
pp (minimum 2)
* In case of a different pick-up from the meeting point, the transport will be charged.
- Certified guide
- Helmets and lights
📍 Piazza Lavinaio, 95025 Aci Sant’Antonio (CT)
⮕ Distance 10 km
⧗ Duration 5 h
⭜ Difference in height 500m
↝ Difficulty E – difficult
⮂ Type of itinerary Loop walk
WHAT TO BRING?
- Backpack (30 L)
- Long trousers
- High trekking shoes
- K-way or poncho
- 2 L of water
- Sun cream
*The guide can decide anytime to exclude from the excursion anyone who is not properly equipped
- Individual (<65 yo)
- Families (>14 yo)
- Small group
➤If one of more of the partecipants suffer from any patologies, let the guide know in advance!!
➤In case of bad weather conditions, Etna eruptions or ash falling, the guide can decide anytime to change the agreed itinerary.
Trekking | Excursions | Experiences
National register code: SI582
📞 +39 3881146617
Copyright © 2021 Feeling Etna Trekking. All rights reserved.