- Departure at 8.45 am, followed by breakfast with some local products.
- The path, after a couple of Kilometers, will take us to the exact point where the 1971 lava came out from.
- After a strenuous climb characterized by expanses of Saponaria and Astragalus, we will finally reach a ridge. This point overlooks the largest open-air geological museum in Europe: the Valle del Bove.
- From here on, we will keep climbing the ridge until we get at 2150 m. Here we can rest, enjoy the magnificence of the view and have a lunch.
- We will descend along sandy canals characterized by the black of the lava ash and spontaneous vegetation of Spinosanto.
- We will get, then, at the base of the second largest extinct crater of the volcano, we will walk around it and descend along a sandy canal where the snow gets accumulated in winter
- After that, we’re going to head into the heart of the North-east side: the Betulla Aetnensis forest, undoubtedly the most historical and particular endemic plant of the Etna.
- We will then cross the eruptive vent of the monti Sartorius on a small path along their crests.
- The path of the return will take us to our starting point; we will be heading to the mountain shelter to get something to eat or drink
pp (minimum 2)
* In case of a different pick-up from the meeting point, the transport will be charged.
- Certified guide
- Helmets and lights
📍 Piazza Lavinaio, 95025 Aci Sant’Antonio (CT)
⮕ Distance 10 km
⧗ Duration 6,5 h
⭜ Difference in height 600 m
↝ Difficulty E – difficult
⮂ Type of itinerary Loop walk
WHAT TO BRING?
- Backpack (30 L)
- Comfy trousers
- Trekking shoes
- K-way or poncho
- 2 L of water, snacks
- Sun cream
- Packed lunch
*The guide can decide anytime to exclude from the excursion anyone who is not properly equipped
- Individual (<65 yo)
- Families (>18 yo)
- Small group
➤You are the only one responsible to bring water, lunch and snack; these are very important for you to have energy so do not forget it !
➤If one of more of the partecipants suffer from any patologies, let the guide know in advance!!
➤In case of bad weather conditions, Etna eruptions or ash falling, the guide can decide anytime to change the agreed itinerary.
Trekking | Excursions | Experiences
National register code: SI582
📞 +39 3881146617
Copyright © 2023 Feeling Etna Trekking. All rights reserved.